Monday, March 11, 2013

Shrimp and Black Bean Chimichurri Soup




Photo: CookTJ 

I made this soup last week and we all loved the sweet and spicy flavors. I love that this is only 4ingredients and all stuff I can keep stocked in my pantry for an easy dinner.   I had sour cream on the table for those who wanted to add it in.  I, however, enjoyed the slight kick sans sour cream.  You can also add some spicy sausage. And I'm sure this would taste wonderful with a nice loaf of crusty bread to sop up all the soupy goodness.  I just followed the recipe as is. My only word of caution is to remember that shrimp are so delicate and can overcook so easily.  Saute them over medium- low heat and watch it closely! Check out the link for a tip on enjoying it cold. :)  Enjoy! 


Shrimp and Black Bean Chimichurri Soup  *Credit: Zach Stafford at CookTJ 

Ingredients

  • 1 (16 oz) bag Trader Joe’s Frozen Shrimp (cooked or uncooked), thawed
  • 1 (15 oz) can Trader Joe’s Black Beans, drained
  • 1 (32 oz) container Trader Joe’s Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup
  • 1 (16 oz) bag frozen Trader Joe’s Chimichurri Rice
  • Salt and pepper (optional)

Instructions

  • 1. If using cooked shrimp, skip to step 3, adding shrimp to pot with other ingredients.
  • 2. If using uncooked shrimp, place medium size pot over medium heat; add a 1 tsp of cooking oil (olive or vegetable, your choice). Add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until fully cooked; add a dash of salt and pepper to season.
  • 3. Add chimichurri rice and black beans to pot; stir and allow to cook for 3-5 mins.
  • 4. Pour in Roasted Red Pepper Soup, stirring to fully incorporate with rice.
  • 5. Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.



No comments:

Post a Comment