Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Peasant Bread

I have made this bread several times.  It's easy and taste great.  It's a great base to use and then experiment with different flavors.  Today I added in some Thyme and baked half the dough in muffin tins and the other half just in a normal glass loaf pan.  The kids loved buttering the dishes and I made it earlier in the day when I had more time and then just punched it down after several hours, let it rise again, then separated it in the pans and let it rise some more.  It's super forgiving!  And the fact that there's no kneading makes it even better!  I used instant yeast, so no proofing.  This dough comes together in about 5 minutes.  If you've been wanting to try making your own bread but kind of scared to -- start with this one!

*Photo credit: Alexandra Cooks
 

No comments:

Post a Comment