Sunday, July 11, 2010

A New Take on Tuna Noodle Casserole

Who doesn't love Tuna Noodle Casserole? It was a comfort food in our house when I was little. Today, I stumbled upon this recipe for a dressed-up version. I had everything in my pantry so I thought I'd give it a try. It was GREAT. Easy to make and used up stuff I already had! It was a little bland... so feel free to add in whatever you'd like.

Tuna Pasta with Artichoke and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Ingredients
500 g pasta shells
2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra virgin, as it has a better flavour)

1 (185 g) can tuna, drained and flaked
1/2 cup canned artichoke heart
1/2 cup black olives
1/4 cup sun-dried tomato
1 teaspoon chili, chopped --- **I added chili powder
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Salt and Pepper, to taste
parmesan cheese, to taste.

Directions
Cook pasta.
Drain, and return to pan with oil.
Toss for 1 minute, then add tuna, artichokes, olives, tomatoes, chilli and pepper.
Toss on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
Mix in the parmesan and basil, and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment