Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Open-Face Chicken Parm Sandwhich

I made this today and it was yummy! A great way to get rid of leftover chicken and a really quick lunch. It's also easy if you're "cooking for one". I got it from my Parents magazine.

Take slices of whatever bread you have on hand. Italian bread or Sourdough works best though, I think. Toast the bread in the toaster. Lay pieces of cooked chicken on top of the bread, top with some spinach leaves (if you have some), marinara sauce and cheese (a mix of parm and mozzarella works best). Then pop it in the oven under a broiler until the cheese is bubbly and a little brown -- about 2-3 minutes or so.

Not the absolute healthiest meal around.... but good nonetheless! Another "quick tip" is to have Marinara sauce on hand at all times. I make my own every couple weeks and keep it in a jar in my fridge. It makes whiping up pasta and sauce super easy. After boiling and draining pasta, return to the pan and pour some sauce directly in the pan on low heat. Just a couple seconds and the sauce will be heated up! Makes cooking for one (or one and half in my case) super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment