Sunday, November 22, 2009

Crockpot Chuck Roast

I bought a 2 lbs beef chuck roast on sale but had no clue how to cook it. I knew that the crockpot would be my "safety" - so I looked for different recipes. I found several and decided to kind of combine some stuff. It turned out GREAT! The Gravy it made was a dark gravy and was really good. The meat was uber-tender too. I served it with mashed potatoes and a salad. Will definitely make this one again!

Ingredients:
2 lbs (ish) Chuck Roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can of Dr. Pepper (or any dark soda I think will do)
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix (dry)
Salt, Pepper, Parsley to taste



Directions:

Season the meat with salt, pepper and parsley. Put it in the crockpot.

Dump cream of soup, soda and onion soup mix on top.... kind of stir to combine. (You could also do this in a separate bowl and then dump it all on top. Whichever you like)

Cook on low for 6 hours or so

No comments:

Post a Comment