Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Crunchy Beef Bake

This recipe is from my cousin Ali Adema who got it from Taste of Home magazine. Sounds good, easy and uses "normal" stuff that you may already have in stock.
"This isn't some fancy schmancy gormet meal or anything, but it was good! I made it for the first time for dinner tonight, and I really liked it. Lukas said he did too. I always like getting new recipies because I hate being in a "cooking rut", so I thought I'd share this with anyone who'd like another recipe. I got it from a Taste of Home magazine. Again, it's nothing special and it probably isn't the most unique meal out there (whatever), but it was easy and tasted good. =)"
Crunchy Beef Bake - yield 4-6 servings
Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked spiral or macaroni pasta (I used large macaroni)
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained (I had a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies already, so I used that instead. I think it added some good flavor.)
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 can (2.8 oz) french-fried onions
Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the beef, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and pepper is tender; drain.
2. Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture with the tomatoes, soup, cheese, and salt.
3. Transfer to a greased (oops, just realized I forgot that part, haha) 2 qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions and bake for another 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment